YAY the first one of these awards I’ve been tagged/nominated for!!
Thank you so much to Catherine @ The is One for the Books for nominating me for this award. Please go check out her blog if you haven’t already; she has awesome posts about Aesthetically Pleasing Character Mood Boards, reviews, and other great bookish posts accompanied with lovely photos 🙂
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Maggie @ okotoenigmasblog
“The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. List the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well.
5. Tell your readers three things about yourself.
6. Nominate 10-20 people.
7. Notify your nominees.
8. Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, specifying one weird/funny question.
9. Share a link to your best post(s).
3 Facts About Me
- I have two cats named Luna and Crosby. Luna is a sweet baby scaredy cat. Crosby is a curious lil rascal and is named after the Pittsburgh Penguin’s captain Sidney Crosby because my husband is obsessed with their hockey team.
- 6 of my 7 little tattoos are space/stars/celestial themed – I love me some outer space
- I really want to write my own fiction novel before I die even if it never gets published or no one ever reads it, I just want to complete it
What was your favourite picture book as a child?
Morris the Moose by Bernard Wiseman
My dad would read this to us before bed and do all kinds of hilarious voices for all the different animals and characters in the book and we just loved it so much, we still talk about it.
If you could travel to one world you’ve read about in a book, which would it be and why?
Oh man, this is tough. I think most of the worlds I’ve read about I’d only want to travel to if I had the powers and romance the characters had too haha. Probably Hogwarts.
What is your favourite book turned movie?
Definitely all the Harry Potter books/movies. But non HP option, I’d have to say the 2005 Pride and Prejudice movie, hands down one of my favorite movies of all time, it’s absolutely gorgeous in every way.
What are you most thankful for at the moment?
Besides the usual family, health, stability, and cats… I’d say I’m thankful for books and artists and being able to connect with other like minded book lovers.
If you had to tell the story of your life in five songs, which songs would you choose?
This is a great question to read other people’s answers but I have no idea how I’m going to narrow this done. I’ll probably hate my answers tomorrow.
Aqueous Transmission by Incubus
Here In This Diary by The Ataris
Mess is Mine by Vance Joy
I Must Belong Somewhere by Bright Eyes
Mr. Rager by Kid Cudi
*Update: Rebecca over at Skirt’s & Stuff also nominated me so I’ve added her questions below:
You can only read three books for the rest of your life. Which ones do you choose?
This is just meannnnnn. I honestly have no idea. I read so many series so like it would be weird to pick a series that goes past three books and then I also wouldn’t want to just pick the first of three different series and have cliffhangers for the rest of my life…. I think I would regret any choice I made but right now I think you couldn’t go too wrong with the ACOTAR 1-3? Cause my other choice would be some random mix of three standalone’s but I don’t have any favorite stand alone romances and I can’t not have romance in my life!! ….I am completely over thinking this.
You’re stuck on a desert island. Which character do you bring with you?
Who’s your favorite fictional villain?
Warner but then like, he’s not a villain? idk but heart eyes everywhere
The Evil Queen from Once Upon a Time show??
What magic creature would you have as a pet?
That pygmy puff from the Weasley shop
If you could live in ANY fictional world, which would it be?
Okay redemption time – Velaris in ACOTAR
- What book blew your mind as a kid?
- When did you realize you were a bookworm?
- What book(s) have you read that you want to make sure to pass on to your children (or any children in your life)?
- What are your favorite types of bookish posts to read on book blogs?
- If you were in a paranormal or fantasy world/novel would you rather be a vampire, werewolf, shifter, fae, magic user, other, regular old human, etc?
K, I’m still rather new to the book blogging world so I figured 8 was a solid enough amount of nominees. Please no one feel obligated to do this and also sorry if I missed that you’ve already been tagged in this one!
Update: I forgot rule #9! Idk if this is my best post but still would love some input about if I should keep reading these series or DNF!