You guyyyysss!! I’ve been tagged/nominated three times for the Sunshine Blogger Award!! I’m so grateful for all the support in the community and honestly for anyone who takes the time to read what I write. I’m going to answer all the questions from each blogger that tagged me instead of doing 3 individual posts. Thank you to Kaleena at the Voracious Reader, Adri at Adri’s Blog, and Justine at The Bookish Wisps for tagging me, everyone go check out their blogs!!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you by linking their blog
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 11 blogs with 11 questions
- List the rules as well as display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post
- What was your inspiration to start a book blog? I’ve always wanted to blog and I’ve always been a huge reader and somehow those two things finally clicked in my head to go hand in hand. Also after reading the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout and reading how the main character is a book blogger I finally got the motivation and decided to take the leap.
- How long have you been blogging? Since February 2018.
- What is your favorite book, and why? I do not have a favorite omg, there are way too many books that I love and that fit different moods. Currently obsessing over ACOTAR series.
- Who is your hero? I don’t actually have one so like, every published author.
- What is your proudest accomplishment? Supporting others.
- Which blog post are you most excited about? Of my own?? Maybe the 2018 releases one because it’s all about being excited about upcoming books? Idk haha
- What would you sing on a karaoke night? Riptide by Vance Joy is my go-to!
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Sandwiches!
- What is the last movie you saw, and what did you think of it? Um I think it was Ready Player One. I thought it was fun and entertaining but definitely not even close to how amazing the book is.
- Is your glass half full or half empty? Half full. But I also read this thing online somewhere about how it doesn’t necessarily matter how full your glass is but how long you hold it and how it gets heavier the longer you hold it and a reminder to sometimes set down that glass and all the stress we carry every day – it really stuck with me.
- What has been your biggest blogging challenge that you have overcome? I’m still learning and figuring things out so I don’t have a specific answer here!
- Why did you start blogging? I love reading and talking about books and fangirl-ing and no one in my life was on my level with this or interested in the books I like and I needed an outlet to talk with others about all the good bookish stuff.
- Which book are you most excited to read? It’s probably a tie between Kate Daniels #10 and the first Night Rebel book. You can see which 2018 books I’ve been most excited about here.
- Are you an early bird or a night owl? Night owlllll
- What is your ideal vacation? Lounging in beautiful places and exploring new cultures
- Favorite method of self-care/self-love? Watching Pride and Prejudice (2005) over and over, getting my nails done, sitting on my porch during good weather and reading, etc. Being grateful.
- If you could give one piece of advice to (new) bloggers, what would it be? Interact with the community! Comment on other’s blogs and get on twitter and/or instagram. and do this for fun because everyone is so freaking nice and it feels so good to connect with others who are on your level.
- Which book has been the most influential on you? Wow this one is really making me think. I think I might have to list a few: Harry Potter (duh), A Wrinkle in Time, The End of Eternity. So hard to narrow it down, I feel like every book I’ve ever read has had an influence on me and that’s why I love reading so much.
- Three random facts about yourself. I hate bananas, I’ve only visited 18 states, and I went to an Andrew McMahon concert last night.
- What are your favorite and least favorite things about blogging? Favorite: having an outlet for my bookish thoughts and the community. Not Favorite: feeling behind or out of the loop because I’m new
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? Somewhere near the beach/water with a fun city vibe but not too in danger from hurricanes? lol but mostly wherever my husband is #sorrynotsorry #cheesey
- What is one thing that makes you happy? Being outside on a nice day.
- What are your blogging goal(s) this year? To engage more with the community
- Genre would you love to read more. Romance
- Do you have a strategy in organizing books on your shelves? yes, alphabetical by author’s last name
- What are the 3 top novels turned into movies you loved? Harry Potter (duh), Pride and Prejudice (2005), and Lord of the Rings
- Most number of books you bought. 11 I think.
- Mention 3 blogging pet peeves. When I look into following someone on twitter but all they do is retweet other people’s tweets and have no original content it makes me not follow them. When I can’t figure out how to follow someone’s blog. Font/colors that make it hard to read.
- Current playlist you are jamming into now. Dashboard Confessional pandora station.
- TV Show you’d binge all over again. The Office, Friends, Boy Meets World.
- A book you disliked but everybody loved. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
- Shoutout 3 Bloggers you are following. Honestly just shoutout to everyone who is doing you and using their creativity through blogging.
- What type of blog do you love most writing? (i.e. tag, review etc.) Probably reviews or posts about upcoming books I’m excited about.
- Who is an auto buy author for you?
- Do you share your blogging world with your friends and family?
- What’s your least favorite food?
- Best or favorite concert you’ve been to?
- What super power do you wish you had?
- What book or series would you recommend to a paranormal romance lover?
- What’s the best book you’ve read so far this year?
- What’s a story or trope you want more of?
- What do you hope to get out of blogging?
- What book blows your mind?
- What book would you get a tattoo for?