Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. The topics are scheduled in advance which you can check out here.
Today’s topic is: New-to-Me Authors I Read In 2018
- Jennifer L. Armentrout – read her Lux series for the first time and became very obsessed, then I checked out the first two book in her romantic suspense de Vincent series
- Penelope Douglas – oh my god, this lady’s books. I’d probably read anything she writes and just hope it doesn’t make my head explode. My favorites of her so far are Punk57 and Corrupt.
- Sarina Bowen – she does a great job with connecting to her readers and bloggers, her website is awesome and her romance stories are so lovable.
- Jay Kristoff – okay so I can’t technically say I’ve read anything that he’s written on his own but I loved the Illuminae Files series he did with Amie Kaufman and Nevernight is on my TBR.
- Nalini Singh – finally started her paranormal romance Psy-Changeling series, the first book was really enjoyable and I’m looking forward to more as well as starting her Guild Hunter series.
- Monica Sanz – I did an ARC review of her book Seventh Born, which had some flaws but was overall entertaining and I’d be interested in checking out more from her.
- JR Ward – finally gave the Black Dagger Brotherhood series a try. I’ve only read book one so far and it was ridiculous classic and entertaining paranormal romance; I don’t feel compelled to binge the rest of but there’s comfort in knowing they’re out there waiting for me.
- and basically Sarah J. Maas too – technically I did read the first ACOTAR book in 2017 but I wasn’t sure I wanted to keep going and 2018 ended up being the year I did and was so glad for it and am now gobbling my way through the Throne of Glass series after reading the whole ACOTAR series TWICE in 2018. I have you blogger peeps to thank for that! ~*to the stars who listen and the dreams that are answered*~
Have you read any of these authors? Any other authors you think I should look into based on these ones I checked out last year?