TIS THE SEASON PEOPLE!!
I’m a huge Halloween lover but NOT a lover of horror. Thus I sometimes find myself in a conundrum looking for the spooky atmospheric fun Halloween vibes without wanting to be actually scared. I like old slashers where you laugh and scream and go to bed NOT feeling like your house is filled with ghosts and killers. My husband says I like my Halloween Disney-style and he’s probably not totally wrong..
But if you’re like me, please enjoy this list I made of some fun reads that have your typical Halloween theme creatures and settings.
- Witches, Wizards, Ghosts, Werewolves, Pumpkin Pasties – Harry Potter
- Vampires, Ghouls, Ghosts – The Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost
- Demons, Werewolves, Vampires, Faeries, Warlocks – Shadowhunters series by Cassandra Clare
- Were-people/Shifters, “Vampires,” Necromancers, Gods, Magic Users – Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews
- Creepy Wood – The Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater
AND Uprooted by Naomi Novik
- Masked Men – Devil’s Night series by Penelope Douglas
- Aliens – Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Spooky Weather – Stormheart series by Cora Cormack
- Faeries – A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- Zombies – The Girl With All the Gifts by M.R. Carey
and Space Zombies (??) – Illuminae series by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- Haunted House – de Vincent series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Are there any of books with fun not too horrific Halloween vibes out there I should read? Lemme know!