Yikes guys! I’ve been MIA for like, over a month. I even went and boasted on Twitter at the beginning of October that I was back from my hiatus and now look, it’s already halfway through the month and I’ve only just jumped back into it. Here’s a bit of what I’ve been up to, and here’s to looking forward.
WTF I’ve been up to:
- We had college friends in for labor day weekend and WVU take over in our city.
- THEN I got SO FREAKING SICK guys. Strep throat. real bad. like waking up at 4am crying cause my pain meds have worn off and my husband has to bring me cough drops to suck on while I wait for the meds to kick back in, kind of sick. THEN idk if any of you suffer from the affliction of cold sores – lucky bastards if you don’t! – but I ended up with SIX fucking cold sores on my lips from how sick I was. I was too miserable to read or blog or eat, and too disgusting to be seen by humans, it was pathetic.
- Hurricane Florence tried to get us but fortunately boomeranged around us instead and we only got some heavy rain.
- I went to a wedding in Philadelphia while on antibiotics and during the hurricane – not quite the weekend I was expecting but still great to see friends.
- Then I got some incredible news that I’m hoping to share with everyone soon and is partially the reason I’ve been so preoccupied recently.
- I went on a girls’ weekend to NYC with my mom and sisters. We saw Anastasia on Broadway and while it was lovely, the animated version is definitely my preference.
- Thennn I went back to Philadelphia for my cousin’s baby shower. I literally feel like I’ve been nonstop traveling since June. And soon it’ll be time for holiday travel…
September Books I Read:
- Seventh Born by Monica Sanz
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Review coming soon.
- Obsidio by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
Mini review coming soon.
I finished my Goodreads challenge of 50 books for the year!! Hurrah!!
Books I DNF:
- Blood Crescent by S.M. McCoy – this one was just very confusing to read and not for me at all, so unfortunately I had to drop out of a blog tour instead of continue reading it and giving it an unfavorable review, hopefully others who read it enjoyed it more.
- Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels #10) by Ilona Andrews
Mini review coming soon.
- Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas
- The Chase (Briar U #1) by Elle Kennedy
- Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik
- Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith
- Night Fall by Isaac Asimov
I had To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before on my TBR from last month but ugh, if you follow me on Twitter you might have seen me complaining that when my boxset I ordered from Amazon came in the set came with two copies of book1 and no copies of book3 and Amazon’s only option was for me to return it for a refund. I didn’t end up reading it before I had to send it back and I’m still a bit salty about the whole thing so I haven’t bought a new set or copy of book1 yet. Also I caved and watched the movie 2-3x when I was sick last month so I feel less pressured to get to the book asap.
- I finished Castle Rock and honestly it was a bit infuriating for me so idk if I’ll be following up with the second season.
- K, we’ve been watching Big Mouth on Netflix and idk what it is about this show but it really hits my funny bone, I love the Hormone Monstress!
- Halloween month!! I’ve already started knocking off some spooky and festive movies off my to-watch list.
I’ve seen all your tags, thank you so much and I’ve got them all cued up on my drafts and will be getting my responses up soon!
I can’t wait to get blog hopping and seeing how Blogoween/Blogtober is going!