Thank you to Destiny @ Howling Libraries, Hanna @ Hanna Reads, and The BookNook UK for nominating and tagging me (forever ago haha)! You should definitely check out and follow all of these book blogs if you aren’t already! 🙂
The Liebster Award:
Liebster is a German word meaning beloved or dearest. The Liebster Award is for your favorite or beloved bloggers who deserve some love in their lives.
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Nominate 11 blogs.
4. Notify those blogs of the nomination.
5. Give them 11 questions to answer.
- What is the longest slump you’ve ever been in? I think a couple months
- Do you prefer ARCs or finished copies of books? Finished copies
- What is your favorite review you’ve ever written (not based on views/likes, but your feelings)? Probably my review of Corrupt by Penelope Douglas because I was so … flabbergasted after reading it that I’m pretty proud of the words I was able to string together to try and describe it.
- What was the last song you fell in love with? Empty With You by The Used (I know its old lol)
- What type of YouTube videos do you most commonly watch? I’ve been watching a lot of maternity vlogs and live pregnancy test videos lmao
- Do you have a favorite holiday? If so, why did you pick it? Probably Christmas, I just love all the decorations and gift giving and holiday movies and music (even if I’m not religious) I like events are parties with themes and no other holiday goes all out like Christmas
- Be honest: have you ever bought a book mostly just for its cover? YES, mostly when I was younger though
- Do you like to keep your books pristine, or “live in” them with highlighters, tabs, annotations, etc.? PRISTINE
- What is the most money you’ve ever spent on one book, and would you do it again? Um probably like $20 or something, and idk probably cause it was likely a hardcover new release of something I felt I had to have asap
- Do you use any method to keep track of your TBR, like a TBR jar, spreadsheet, notebook, etc.? Just Goodreads and my on my Kindle app I have a collection for downloaded books on my TBR
- Roughly estimate this one: how many more books can you fit on your current shelves before needing a new bookcase? Um maybe 30? I bought new shelves this year which gave us some more room but then I brought a bunch of books home from my parents’ house that I’m procrastinating adding so who knows.
The Book Nook UK’s Questions
- If you opened up a bookshop – what would it be called? omg idk but now I’m going to be thinking about this all day!
- You’re writing a novel – what are your two main characters names and what kind of novel is it? I have no idea what their names are but it’s definitely some kind of romantic fantasy action adventure.
- You wake up from a night of heavy drinking to find that you have a tattoo of a fictional character’s name tattooed on your bum. Whose name is it? Omggggg I would FREAK out. This question is making me giggle so hard. Ummm I’m trying to decide what I would regret least… lololololol I’m gonna go with Ron (Weasley) for several
I’minlovewithhimreasons but also because it’s only three letters.
- You’re a wizard
Harrybook blogger. What familiar do you choose? Cat!!
- You’re hosting dinner, which four guests (friends, family, famous or fictional) do you invite? pfft if I can bring fictional guests than my friends and family can suck it and come to the next one where I brag about my fictional dinner party… okay wait I just realized I probably need to have at least one witness or else no one would believe me…Cassian (ACOTAR), Ron (HP), and Ian (Night Rebel) and idk some bookish friend who can freak out with me.
- What are you cooking them? Is this your signature dish? Buffalo Chicken Dip cause everyone loves it and yes but it’s really just a dip so idk if it counts
- There’s an orchard at the end of the road, one night you hear sobbing from it. Do you go and investigate? If you investigate, who’s there? I mean, am I all alone? Are there houses nearby? Can I easily call for help? Is this the beginning of a horror movie?? I usually make an effort to help people but I also feel like this could be a murder trap so I’d probably do the”hello? who’s there?” idiot yell first and then call for help and then walk closer to the murder trap and hopefully it’s some girl who just got dumped and is crying and needs to be advised to go home before she gets murdered, instead of an actual murderer.
- Magic has happened and now you’re in the last movie that you watched. What movie is it and how do you fare in this new universe? NOOOOOO the last movie I watched was Mrs. Doubtfire and that’s super lame. But I guess it’s mostly the same universe just back in the 90s, so I’d fare okay but like, I’d rather be in 2018.
- Alien abduction, werewolf bite, vampire attack. One is going to happen to you but lucky for you, you get to pick which one! Go for it and tell me which. Okay absolutely not werewolf bite. Alien abduction is like soooo intriguing, so if I have to die this one for sure, and even if I don’t have to die, I’d pick this UNLESS the vampire attack led to me becoming a badass vampire and falling in vampire love and living for hundreds of years and stuff, cause then I’d pick that.
- Tell me what your perfect Sunday looks like. Yummy breakfast, lazing around, reading, snuggling, day drinking, afternoon delight hahaha
- What plot of a book resembles your life or is most closest to your life? Um, probably some YA or NA contemporary romance that I haven’t read or can’t remember. Or if there is a book about a married girl in her late 20s who chills on her couch a lot with her cats and reads and blogs and works and complains about how often we have to feed and bath ourselves – that one.
- What are you reading right now and what’s your impression of it? I just finished book 2 of the Throne of Glass series and I thought it was much better than the first book and I’m excited to read the third one.
- What is your Hogwarts house, and do you think you should be in it, or another one? Gryffindor!! And yes this is def where I should be.
- What is your most treasured book and why? ALL OF THEM!!
- What was your favorite book of 2017? And 2016 if you can remember that long ago! 2017 was possibly Lord of Shadows or all the Kate Daniels books. 2016 omg, I read SO many good ones that year idk how to narrow it down.. probably the Night Huntress series because it skyrocketed to a favorite of mine like right away.
- If it was possible, would you store your memories and thoughts in an android before you died? mayyyyybe. I’m very interested in this and love to think about it but I’d definitely want to have a lot more information on it and see what it’s been like when other people have done it.
- Who is your least favorite character and why? Of all the characters in the whole world of all the books I’ve read??? I have no clue and my brain doesn’t want me to hurt it trying to figure it out
- If you could spend the rest of your life in any world, where would you go (but you can’t come back)? In the world I’m currently in!! I wouldn’t want to leave my friends and family and life behind if it meant I couldn’t come back. I can visit places in my mind when I read and keep my peoples with me.
- Who is your favorite author? I never want to try and think about the answer to this question againnnn
- If you could have any pet in the world, what would you have? catttttssssss
- Who is your favorite villain and why? AIDAN is pretty cool and I like that he’s all ambiguous and it’s like, is he even a he?! WHO/WHAT IS AIDAN!? Is he right or is he evil??
- Elephant-sized duck or duck-sized elephant? duck sized elephant, is that even a question??? lemme talk to the person who picked elephant sized duck.
- Sara @ Not Another Book Blogger
- Melanie @ Mel To The Any
- Luna @ Bookish Luna
- Sarah @ Thoughts of the Reader
- Hamad @ The Book Prescription
- Norrie @ Reading Under the Blankie
- Mischenko @ Read Rant Rock & Roll
- Berit @ Audio Killed the Bookmark
- Aurora @ Aurora Librialis
- Eva @ Brilliantly Bookish
- Would you rather only sleep on pillows stuffed with books forever or only eat books for breakfast forever?
- Would you rather only ever read books with happy endings or only books without happy endings?
- Wizard or Fae?
- Book series or stand alone?
- Would you rather have books for feet or books for ears?
- Would you rather your partner be a reader but hates everything you read or have them not like to read?
- What two villains do you think would be a good match in a fight?
- Do you ever take hiatuses from blogging/reading/tweeting/etc and if so are they planned or unplanned?
- What’s the highest number of books you’ve read in a year? In a month?
- Would you rather have the power to make anyone read your book recommendations or the power to prevent someone from wrecking your book and/or not returning it if you loan it out?
- Would you rather have the power to be able to read any book instantly by touching it or have the power to make books levitate?
Thanks for tagging me! I’ll write up my answers as soon as I can 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hahaha, the bum tattoo one cracked me up 😀 LOL.
Thanks for the tag!
LikeLiked by 1 person
OMG, thanks for tagging me, great answers btw 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh my gosh, I love this! Amazing answers AND questions! And I’m so honored that you thought of me. Thank you so much, sweetheart! And I hope you’re having happy reading! 💛xx
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you for nominating me! I feel honored❤
LikeLiked by 1 person
I tagged you for this https://mybookworld24.wordpress.com/2018/11/24/pick-me-up-play-tag/
[…] was tagged by the lovely Erin from undercoverbingereader in the Liebster Award, which is awarded to the blogs you love, so thank you very much Erin (and if […]
Love the answers! And the book of your life sounds eerily similar to the book of my life, complete with complaining about actually having to bathe.