Another blogging first me, welcome to my first monthly wrap-up!
- The Assassin’s Blade (Throne of Glass #0.1-0.5) by Sarah J. Maas
- Illuminae (The Illuminae Files #1) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confession of Georgia Nicolson #1) by Louise Rennison
- On the Bright Side, I’m Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God (Confession of Georgia Nicolson #2) by Louise Rennison
- Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas (Confession of Georgia Nicolson #3) by Louise Rennison
- Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants (Confession of Georgia Nicolson #4) by Louise Rennison
- Away Laughing on a Fast Camel (Confession of Georgia Nicolson #5) by Louise Rennison
- Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers (Confession of Georgia Nicolson #6) by Louise Rennison
- Startled By His Fury Shorts (Confession of Georgia Nicolson #7) by Louise Rennison
Review of #1-10 coming soon.
- I started watching Castle Rock with my husband. I’m not always in the mood for this kind of show but I’m intrigued and the seemingly supernatural aspects are keeping me hooked. Though this is one of the first shows I’ve watched in a while where I have to wait a week for the next episode and it’s sooo hard not being able to binge watch. But added bonus: I ❤ Bill Skarsgård, and have ever since I watched him in Hemlock Grove on Netflix. He’s also known for his role as IT from the new Stephen King adaptation. This guy does horror well.
- I haven’t finished with Supernatural season 13 yet but I’m working my way through. Though the real news is that SOMEHOW I’ve convinced my husband to start watching it from the beginning with season 1 after he saw some of a few random episodes with me. I’m STILL shocked whenever he puts it on. And guys, it’s nuts going back and watching lil babies Sam and Dean – they look SO young!!
So I signed up for the Summer 2018 Comment Challenge for the month of July. It was my first time participating in a challenge and I was SO not prepared. You get assigned a partner and can sign up to either challenge yourself to comment 5+ times on their blog or 10+ times. I was feeling ambitious so I signed up for the 10+ but totally did not think this through. I was feeling somewhat prepared to comment that many times on my parent’s blog but definitely didn’t think about needing to be blogging enough content for my partner to reciprocate! I’m very much a mood blogger and have just now started trying to participate in memes and blog more frequently and consistently – partially because this challenge made me realize how little I blog sometimes! Here’s the breakdown since I started blogging:
- February – 2 posts
- March – 3 posts
- April – 6 posts
- May – 4 posts
- June – 7 posts
- July – 10 posts
I’ve definitely increased my posting this month but it was mostly all jammed in at the second half of the month. I’d say if you’re going to do this challenge in the future to think about your output! Also I’m excited to see how my monthly content output increases over time now that I’m being more deliberate with posting.
So I NEVER set myself a specific TBR list for myself so I’m not even gonna try and make myself stick to this or come up with a comprehensive list but here’s a few I feel at least somewhat maybe kinda confident about finishing this month:
- Love is a Many Trousered Thing (Confession of Georgia Nicolson #8) by Louise Rennison
- Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confession of Georgia Nicolson #9) by Louise Rennison
- Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? (Confession of Georgia Nicolson #10) by Louise Rennison
- Gemina (The Illuminae Files #2) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- Obsidio (The Illuminae Files #3) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik
- Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels #10) by Ilona Andrews
- Iron and Magic (The Iron Covenant #1) by Ilona Andrews
- Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1) – Nalini Singh
- Hideaway (Devil’s Night #2) by Penelope Douglas
- Throne of Glass (#1) by Sarah J. Maas
Also shout-out to my friend for taking the photograph for my featured photo for this post. You can check out more of his legit photography skills and style on his instagram.