- Love is a Many Trousered Things (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #8) by Louise Rennison
- Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #9) by Louise Rennison
- Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #10) by Louise Rennison
Review of series here
- Gemina (The Illuminae Files #2) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
- Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1) by Nalini Singh
- Hideaway (Devil’s Night #2) by Penelope Douglas
- Iron and Magic (The Iron Covenant #1) by Ilona Andrews
So I didn’t complete 4 of the books I set for myself in August – but considering I’ve NEVER set a monthly TBR before I still think I did pretty good. And I’ve finally started Throne of Glass! I think I was just not feeling starting it before for several reasons 1) how could it come close to my love of ACOTAR? my brain can’t comprehend. and 2) I needed to put some serious space between TOG and the prequel novellas, The Assassin’s Blade because of how heartbreaking and devastating it was. But now I’m a few chapters in and I am definitely already feeling it. I also started Obsidio but since I have it in hardback, it’s harder to read between work or sneak reading in bed, which I do on my phone’s kindle app. But I expect to knock those two out in the next week.
- We started watching The X-Files!! WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG TO WATCH THIS SHOW?!?! This. is. my. shit. Moulder is yummy.
- The other day we watched an entire season of Stay Here and now we went to buy, build, and manage short term rentals of tiny homes… That’s a realistic dream right?
- I got back into watching Charmed – something about this time of year makes me want to watch it – I’m only at the end of season 3 though so no spoilers! Though I know about the impending loss of you know who, rip.
- Still watching Castle Rock weekly but I’m starting to worry that this is one of those shows that just gets weirder and weirder and we never get any answers about anything so it depends on how season one ends but I might not commit to next season…
- I hit 300 followers! whoop!!!
- My number of posts per month hasn’t decreased!
- February – 2 posts
- March – 3 posts
- April – 6 posts
- May – 4 posts
- June – 7 posts
- July – 10 posts
- August – 10 posts
- I GOT NEW BOOKSHELVES!!!!! go see!
- I’ve done a shit job of blog hopping this month though, so definitely making it more of a priority next month!
I can’t believe I’m gonna set myself another monthly TBR but what the hell. I’m gonna try harder to not make myself feel so pressured to read everything on this list but the hard part is – I WANT TO and making these time limited TBRs is really giving me the “oh god so much to read and not enough life to do it in, my TBR is going to squash me and I’m going to let it” feels. But fuck it, I’m a book blogger and such is the life!
- Obsidio (The Illuminae Files #3) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
- Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels #10) by Ilona Andrews
- Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik
- Throne of Glass (#1) by Sarah J. Maas
- The Chase (Briar U #1) by Elle Kennedy
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (#1) by Jenny Han
- Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith
- Night Fall by Isaac Asimov & Robert Silverberg
- Seventh Born by Monica Sanz (ARC)
- Blood Crescent by Stevie McCoy (ARC)
How was your August!?
Are you guys getting excited for FALL?! Where my basic bitches atttt??